Shopping for insurance for your new or used Audi can feel complicated, as the prices can vary depending on a number of factors. You’ll find that companies provide a variety of insurance and coverage options, and the dealership where you bought your Audi might even try to sell you some additional coverage. Learning the essential details and pricing information for your Audi can help you get your state-required insurance at an affordable price and avoid unnecessary costs or additional stress in the future. Let’s review the details about Audi insurance.
Types of Insurance You Can Get
When shopping for insurance for your Audi, different states require different combinations of insurance. The most common type is liability, while some states and new car requirements require additional coverage for accidents and other damages. Here are common insurance types you’ll find:
Liability insurance is the most common insurance requirement across all states. The purpose of this type of insurance is to cover personal injury or property damage you might incur when law enforcement finds you at fault for an accident. Beyond your own vehicle coverage, this helps cover the costs of any damage done to other peoples’ vehicles or property.
Collision insurance is what you use when you get in an accident. It covers the costs of vehicles damaged in the incident.
Comprehensive is additional insurance that can cover extra costs in collisions or other situations. You might receive coverage for events such as vandalism, animal accidents, or damages caused by inclement weather.
Some of the other insurance types you might explore include:
- Uninsured motorist insurance
- Underinsured motorist insurance
- Medical payments coverage
- Personal injury protection insurance
- Towing and labor insurance
- Rental reimbursement insurance
Average Prices per Audi Model
The average price of Audi insurance can vary between each model. According to The Zebra, here are some costs you can expect across the Audi lineup:
- Audi A3: $2,013
- Audi A4: $2,248
- Audi A5: $2,431
- Audi A6: $2,622
- Audi A7: $2,783
- Audi A8: $3,092
- Audi Q3: $1,769
- Audi Q5: $1,881
- Audi Q7: $2,153
- Audi R8: $4,263
- Audi TT: $2,266
Factors That Influence Audi Insurance Costs
The cost of insurance can fluctuate between Audi models for a variety of reasons. Some might be because of the type of car you drive, while others might depend on your experience driving. Here’s why you might see an increase or a decrease in your Audi insurance premiums:
Year and Model
The year and model of the Audi you are trying to insure will definitely affect your premium price. For example, SUVs and trucks might be cheaper to insure than standard sedans, and the higher-performance Audi S and RS models will definitely cost more to insure. Some cars also are more likely to be stolen than others, so models commonly involved in auto thefts can have higher insurance premiums.
Generally, your insurance costs start to decrease after you turn 25, because you’ve gained more experience as a driver. You might see a decrease throughout your middle ages and a spike after age 65, as seniors might be more likely to get in accidents.
Driving history can be one of the most significant factors affecting insurance prices. While one speeding ticket might not increase your premium much or for long, an accident or other traffic violations can cause a noticeable spike.
Protection Plans Offered by Audi
You can purchase several additional protection plans if you shop through Audi. These can help cover maintenance costs or offer additional services such as roadside assistance or key loss coverage. Here are some offerings you can explore:
- Gap: Guaranteed asset protection insurance can help you if you total your car, as it covers the difference between what the insurer pays and what you might owe on the vehicle.
- Theft protection: Theft protection is an option you can choose to protect your Audi from theft for up to six years. It comes with anti-theft decals for your windows and can cover up to $5,000 in theft-related losses.
- Key protection: Key protection is an insurance that can help you if you lose your keys or someone steals them. It offers a replacement key and lockout support if you can’t get into your vehicle.
- Lease-end protection: Lease-end protection can help cover costs associated with excessive wear and tear your car might have after your lease is up. It also covers mileage overages and any missing parts when you return your vehicle.
- Tire and wheel protection: Tire and wheel protection helps cover the costs if you damage these parts due to road conditions. You might also get towing reimbursement and pay only a small deductible for tire or wheel repairs.
- Multi-coverage protection: Multi-coverage protection comes with assistance for several Audi repairs, including key replacement, dents, windshield damage, and tire damage. You can add further cosmetic coverage for aesthetic repairs.
- Vehicle service protection: Service protection insurance comes with several key features, including roadside assistance, towing coverage, and partial rental coverage. You can select this option to cover your vehicle for 10 years or up to 10,000 miles.
- Certified pre-owned service protection: This coverage offers many of the same benefits as vehicle service protection but for pre-owned Audis. Along with the roadside assistance and towing benefits, you’ll get the correct manufacturer parts for any repairs or replacements to your Audi.
- Term protection: Term protection helps you cover the costs of a variety of repairs for six years or up to 72,000 miles. It covers parts and services such as brake pads, belts, wheel alignments, and headlights.
Now that you know the pricing information and insurance details for your Audi, you can select the right coverage for you. It’s always smart to strive for a clean driving record, and with Audi’s exceptional safety features, you can find insurance that works for your budget. State-required insurance and the additional coverage Audi provides can keep your vehicle driving and looking brand new.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.