Esurance is a member of Allstate and was one of the first insurance firms to allow customers to buy vehicle insurance online. Since its inception in 1999, it has grown to cover people in 43 states and provides home, renters, and motorcycle coverage. Esurance car insurance allows you to purchase your policy entirely online rather than dealing with an agent in order to get a quote or buy insurance. Esurance can reduce costs and pass the savings on to customers by selling directly to consumers.
Auto Insurance Buying Guide
When comparing auto insurance, you’ll need to give providers some basic information, including the driving history of all individuals for whom the plan will cover as well as data about your vehicle, such as annual mileage driven and safety features. You’ll also want to determine which kinds of coverage you require and make sure the companies you are looking at all provide the same coverage levels and deductible amounts.
Esurance Mobile Experience
Image via Flickr by Jeff Kern
Rather than its pricing and customer service, the strength of Esurance car insurance is in its mobile experience. The Esurance app is one of the most highly regarded mobile applications in the auto insurance sector, providing helpful claim functionality that other insurers do not offer. Policyholders can complete all the steps of auto insurance via the app, from signing up for coverage to submitting a claim.
Esurance Auto Insurance Coverage
When looking for auto insurance, it’s vital to grasp what kind of car insurance coverage you want as well as what you’re required to purchase. Most states require all drivers to have car insurance. Although the minimum coverage standards differ from state to state, they usually include liability insurance and uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. If you want additional protection, full coverage insurance may be worth considering. Full coverage is not a type of policy in and of itself; it’s a mix of coverages comprising liability, comprehensive, and collision insurance.
All the usual coverage choices are available, such as bodily injury and property damage liability, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage, with some additional options:
- Emergency roadside assistance. Esurance will pay up to $75 for lockouts, tire changes, towing, and other services if your car is stranded. It can be added to collision and comprehensive insurance on automobiles. You may use your Esurance mobile app to request assistance; however, doing so is considered filing an insurance claim.
- CarMatch rental coverage. If your car is stolen or broken into, this coverage pays the total price of a similar rental for up to $3,000 or 45 days. This option isn’t available in every state, and you must have collision and comprehensive insurance to qualify.
- Gap coverage. If you leased or financed a car and it is totaled, the insurance usually pays out the vehicle’s value at the time of the accident, but you may still be responsible for more. With gap coverage, Esurance car insurance will pay up to 25% over your automobile’s value to cover any difference between the car’s value and what you still owe on your car loan.
Auto Insurance Discounts
Shopping around for auto insurance can save you money. Depending on where you live, Esurance may provide discounted pricing for the following items:
- Beginning an online insurance quote
- Bundling your auto insurance with other policies, including renters or homeowners insurance
- Paying your premium in full upfront
- Insuring multiple vehicles
- Being claim-free, with no DWI or DUI violations in the past five years
- Owning your home
- Utilizing other resources, such as AAA for roadside assistance
- Having no traffic violations
- Maintaining good grades if you’re a full-time high school or college students 25 years or younger
- Having vehicles with safety features such as an anti-theft device, factory-installed air bags, or anti-lock brakes
Esurance’s DriveSense allows drivers in 35 states to use an app or device that monitors driving behavior, such as speeding and hard braking. You get a discount for signing up, and Esurance car insurance will continue to modify the rate reduction based on your driving habits as long as you log at least 50 trips during the policy term.
Esurance Website and Mobile Apps
Esurance’s website offers everything you’ll need to purchase and maintain a policy, as well as some other user-friendly tools:
- Coverage Counselor helps you identify the type of coverage you need.
- Fuelcaster predicts the price of gas, allowing you to time your fill-ups for when prices are at their lowest.
- E-star locates repair facilities recommended by Esurance. When you select an E-star shop to repair your vehicle after a wreck, Esurance will guarantee the repairs for however long you own your vehicle.
The Esurance mobile app allows you to submit a claim, track a claim, access your auto insurance identification cards, examine policy details, and make payments. It can also locate nearby repair shops, gas stations, and restaurants. Additional features include:
- Photo claims. Instead of waiting for an appraiser to come in person, policyholders may now upload photographs of damage through the app. The firm claims that some clients have been paid in just one day.
- RepairView. You can check on your car while it’s in an Esurance-approved repair shop during a claim. You may see the car’s status, get a daily photo of repairs, contact the business directly, and find out when your automobile will be ready.
Esurance car insurance also has mobile apps for:
- DriveSense to monitor your behind-the-wheel habits. You don’t even have to be an Esurance customer to keep track of your driving habits. However, you will get a one-time discount just for signing up if you are. Then after each term, the app will measure your driving and receive a tailored reduction.
- DIY Home Inspection. A homeowner may use the application to easily capture any aspect of their home, including inside and outside. After that, information is sent to Esurance for assessment and underwriting of the homeowners insurance policy. Policyholders may also save the video recordings as a brief inventory of their house, which might be helpful evidence.
Esurance’s user-friendly website, innovative tools, and cutting-edge mobile apps have made it a standout in the industry. It’s ideal for individuals who want to handle their policies, have precise insurance requirements, and prefer to get quotes online.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.