Purchasing a luxury vehicle is a big investment, and purchasing adequate insurance could help you protect that investment. If you’re considering purchasing a Mercedes-Benz CLA 250, learning more about insurance for this four-door sedan may help you make wise choices. Read on for our guide to insurance prices for the Mercedes CLA 250.
How Much Is Insurance for a Mercedes CLA 250 on Average?
The average annual price of insurance for a Mercedes CLA 250 is between $1,630 and $3,534. While some drivers might enjoy rates around the national average of $1,630, many Mercedes CLA 250 drivers may pay much more than other car owners. These high rates might be due to the car’s luxury status. Car insurance covers the cost of repairs or replacements if something happens to your vehicle, so insurers may charge more if your car is more expensive to fix or replace.
Compared to other vehicles in its class, though, the CLA 250 is relatively inexpensive to ensure. Insuraviz found that the 2022 iteration ranked eighth out of 38 luxury cars when comparing affordable insurance rates. Remember that each individual’s personal circumstances can cause their quote to differ from the average rates. Insurance rates for Mercedes CLA 250 models can differ greatly between any two drivers due to factors like:
- Location: Rates can vary between states, cities, and even ZIP codes. Insurance companies usually evaluate statistical data about claims and accidents in your area to inform your quote.
- Age: The youngest drivers typically pay more, and the most experienced drivers often enjoy the lowest rates. Rates typically peak for teenage drivers.
- Driving record: Having a clean record drives your price down, because insurance companies think you’re less likely to have any incidents. The more tickets or accident you’ve had, the more you may pay for coverage.
- Year of your car: Newer models are usually more valuable, so they carry higher insurance premiums. According to MoneyGeek, rates can vary up to $208 between older and newer Mercedes CLA 250s.
- Your financial history: Many insurance companies weigh customers’ credit history when calculating their premiums. If you have a high credit score, it could help you save money on car insurance, while a lower score could raise your rates.
- Demographic information: Your gender and marital status might influence your rates too, though many states have their own laws about these factors. Insurance companies may also consider whether you own your car, whether you own a home, and what level of education you hold.
- Your policy: The amount of coverage you want and the deductible you choose affect your prices. If you want a more affordable monthly rate, you could opt for minimum liability insurance, while full-coverage plans are pricier but cover more situations.
How Much Is Insurance for a Mercedes CLA 250 for Minimum Liability?
Each state has its own unique regulations about car insurance, but most state require insurance companies to provide a particular amount of coverage at minimum. A plan that caters specifically to state minimums is called a minimum liability policy. While guidelines differ, these policies typically include coverage for bodily injuries, fatalities, and property damage up to a certain amount. If you want to equip your Mercedes CLA 250 with the minimum coverage for your state, it might cost you around $720 per year.
How Much Is Insurance for a Mercedes CLA 250 for Full Coverage?
Full-coverage policies protect your investment from a greater range of incidents, like weather-related damages or vandalism. These plans might include collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance, and personal injury protection (PIP). If you’d rather pay more on a monthly basis to avoid a costly payout from an unforeseen emergency, you might opt for a full-coverage plan. A full-coverage plan for a Mercedes CLA 250 might cost about $1,796 per year on average, but rates depend on your personal circumstances.
How Much Is Insurance for a Mercedes CLA 250 for Young Drivers?
If you’re a young driver or you have a young driver in the family, prepare to pay more for their insurance. Because of the likelihood of incidents involving teenage drivers, insurance companies typically charge much higher premiums for drivers under 25. Personal demographics like previous incidents and credit may still influence these drivers’ rates. A teenage driver could pay around $6,564 per year to drive a Mercedes CLA 250. To compare, that price may drop to around $4,072 by age 20 and $1,875 by age 30.
Where to Find Cheap Insurance for a Mercedes CLA 250
If you’re planning to insure a Mercedes CLA 250 and want to maximize your savings, it’s best to research the providers in your area to learn who has the most competitive rates. Knowing more about insurance prices in your area may be beneficial, too. According to Insuraviz, the costliest states for insuring a Mercedes CLA 250 include:
- Michigan: $2,834 per year
- Florida: $2,600 per year
- Louisiana: $2,576 per year
- Rhode Island: $2,096 per year
- Kentucky: $2,070 per year
Meanwhile, the cheapest states for insuring a Mercedes CLA 250 are:
- Ohio: $1,036 per year
- New Hampshire: $1,074 per year
- North Carolina: $1,132 per year
- Virginia: $1,148 per year
- Vermont: $1,182 per year
Tips for Lowering Your Insurance Costs for a Mercedes CLA 250
Here are some methods you could consider if you want to find the best price for Mercedes CLA 250 insurance:
- Request personalized quotes: Contact insurance companies to ask for a custom quote tailored to your situation, which might reveal a lower price than average.
- Drive safely: Going years without infractions or accidents can greatly reduce your monthly premium.
- Ask about discounts: Many insurance providers have special discounts that you might qualify for, so it could help to ask an insurance agent about their promotional prices.
- Consider adding safety features: Choosing optional safety features like a dash camera and active speed limit assist could help you lower your rates.
Car insurance is a vital monthly expense, and it’s important to choose the right one for your vehicle. Regardless of your personal history, insurance preferences, or demographics, exploring your options can help you find the best insurance for your Mercedes CLA 250.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.