Car insurance could help you minimize the financial risks associated with driving. If you’re planning to purchase a speed-hungry sports car like the Nissan GT-R, purchasing the right insurance plan could help grant you peace of mind while enjoying the open road. Here’s our guide to insurance costs for the Nissan GT-R according to your coverage preferences, location, age, and provider.
How Much Is Insurance for a Nissan GT-R?
Image via Flickr by Cane Kong
The Nissan GT-R is an upscale sports car, and due to its value and purpose, it’s slightly more expensive to insure than other vehicles. The average cost for a year of insurance for a Nissan GT-R ranges from $1,920 to $5,011.14. When compared to all other vehicles, which cost an average of $1,630 per year to insure, this rate is comparatively high. Insuraviz compared the insurance rates of 23 different sports cars, and the Nissan GT-R ranked last in its class for insurance affordability. If having a low insurance bill is important to you, you could explore similar cars, but if you’re committed to the Nissan GT-R, there are ways you can reduce your rates.
Premiums for insurance on a Nissan GT-R may vary greatly according to factors like:
- Provider: There can be a wide range of prices between different insurance companies.
- Policy: The amount of coverage you want is a major determinant of your insurance premium.
- Age: The more experience you have and the less frequent incidents are within your age group, the lower your rates will be.
- Gender: Some states charge different rates depending on your gender, but not every insurer considers gender.
- Year of car: The more valuable your Nissan GT-R is, the costlier your insurance, so older models may be cheaper to insure.
- Location: Insurance companies may research your ZIP code to learn about the weather, the crime rates, and the frequency of car accidents to inform your quote.
- Credit history: In some states, insurers can investigate your credit file to learn how responsible you are with money, which may impact your insurance rates.
- Driving record: Accidents and tickets typically drive up insurance premiums, while a clean record could win you discounts.
How Much Is Insurance for a Nissan GT-R for Minimum Liability?
Minimum liability insurance is a type of plan that helps you meet your state’s requirements for car insurance so you can drive legally while minimizing your monthly payment. Other than New Hampshire and Virginia, all states require a minimum amount of coverage for all drivers on the road. If you want to lower your financial burden, you could consider purchasing a minimum liability plan, but be aware that there are many situations that these plans may not cover.
Minimum coverage for the Nissan GT-R might cost as low as $316. This rate is far lower than other standard plans. However, keep in mind that due to the Nissan GT-R’s value, you could have expensive out-of-pocket costs in the event of an uncovered emergency.
How Much Is Insurance for a Nissan GT-R for Full Coverage?
If you’d rather maximize your protection by purchasing a full-coverage plan, you might pay more in monthly premiums. Each insurance company has their own unique definition of full coverage, but these plans typically include additional coverage like:
- Collision insurance: coverage if you crash into another vehicle or a stationary object, like a bridge, tree, or sign
- Comprehensive insurance: coverage if your vehicle suffers damage from another source, like a natural disaster or vandalism
- Personal injury protection (PIP): coverage for medical treatment after an incident in the car
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance: coverage if you collide with a driver whose insurance doesn’t cover the incident
Full-coverage plans for a Nissan GT-R cost an average of $3,945 per year. Remember that your personal quote may be higher or lower than this figure based on your personal demographics and history. Research quotes in your area to find the best deal on full-coverage insurance if you’re interested in securing your vehicle on a budget.
How Much Is Insurance for a Nissan GT-R by State?
Your location has a significant influence over insurance rates, as insurers review data about claims and conditions in different areas to determine their prices. Learning the average rates for your area could help you negotiate a good deal. According to CarEdge, here are some of the cheapest states for insuring a Nissan GT-R:
- Hawaii: $2,177 per year
- North Carolina: $2,810 per year
- Maine: $3,008 per year
- Virginia: $3,119 per year
- Vermont: $3,311 per year
Here are some if the most expensive states for insuring a Nissan GT-R:
- Michigan: $9,420 per year
- Louisiana: $7,955 per year
- Rhode Island: $7,007 per year
- Connecticut: $6,783 per year
- Florida: $6,686 per year
How Much Is Insurance for a Nissan GT-R by Age?
Teenagers typically pay much higher premiums, as they’re statistically more likely to face a collision than other age groups. MoneyGeek estimates that a 16-year-old driver could pay about $10,545 in annual premiums to drive a Nissan GT-R. By 18, the annual cost drops to about $8,225, and by 20, it’s approximately $5,258. Rates typically drop drastically once drivers reach 25. A 25-year-old may pay around $2,988 in annual premiums, after which point age has a less significant factor in determining prices.
Who Sells the Cheapest Insurance for a Nissan GT-R?
To find the best price for the coverage you want, it’s important to explore many providers and compare their rates. Requesting personalized quotes may help you find a plan that matches your needs while offering you the best price available. While prices depend on your personal situation, here are some insurance companies who provide comparatively low rates for the Nissan GT-R:
- State Farm
- Amica Mutual Insurance
Insuring a luxury sports car can be costly compared to other vehicles, but it’s essential to protect yourself and others by insuring your vehicle. Your history, demographic information, and vehicle specifications may all influence your premium. Remember to research your many options and provide your personal details to get a custom price from each insurance company.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.