If you’re interested in purchasing a Subaru Impreza, it’s important to understand your local insurance requirements and ensure that you find the right policy for your needs and your budget. Keep reading to learn more about insurance costs for this vehicle and review your premium options.
What Is the Subaru Impreza?
The Subaru Impreza is a compact car, available as a sedan and a hatchback, that comes standard with the added safety of all-wheel drive. Originally made in 1992, the Impreza is now available in seven different trim levels, including several five-door options, allowing drivers to choose the make and model that suits their family and lifestyle. This reliable car comes available with a variety of safety features including brake assist, electronic stability control, full airbags, and lane departure warning.
Why Purchase Insurance for Your Subaru Impreza?
Car insurance is a contractual agreement between a driver and an agency that in return for payments to the insurance provider, the driver receives financial assistance for themselves or the other driver in the event of an accident or other driving incident. If you’re considering purchasing a Subaru Impreza, it’s important to purchase a car insurance plan that helps you feel secure while on the road. A high-performance compact car like the Subaru Impreza is a valuable asset, so it’s important to protect your vehicle and yourself.
It’s also important to note that states typically require drivers to have some level of insurance policy, so finding the best car insurance for your Impreza is essential. While specific requirements can vary by state, minimum coverage plans typically include:
- Property damage liability: Property damage liability coverage ensures that your insurance provider will help you pay for damage caused to another driver’s vehicle in the event of an accident if you are at fault.
- Bodily injury liability: In the event of an accident, bodily injury liability insurance ensures your agency will provide financial assistance for the other driver if you’re at fault. This coverage typically allows you to pay for the injured driver’s medical expenses.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: If you’re in an accident where the other driver is at fault and the motorist is uninsured or in the event of a hit and run, this coverage provides you with financial support. If the other driver is underinsured, this coverage will also ensure you receive financial compensation.
How Much Does Insurance for a Subaru Impreza Cost?
The Subaru Impreza has been a top safety pick with the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and received a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This means that insurance providers may offer slightly lower rates for this car versus other similar sedans, since it’s more likely to keep drivers and passengers safe than vehicles with lower safety ratings. According to The Zebra, the average cost of insurance coverage for the Impreza is $127 per month.
When you’re looking for an insurance policy for your vehicle, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the elements that can contribute to your coverage rates. The cost of your insurance depends on several factors, including the trim level of the car and the safety features it has. Providers typically consider details such as:
- Your driving record: Having a clean driving record is one way to try to maintain lower car insurance rates, because it shows your insurance driver that you make responsible choices while on the road. The more driving incidents, such as a speeding ticket or accident, you have on your record, the more likely your provider is to raise their rates.
- Your credit history: When looking for car insurance, it’s important to consider your credit history and whether you have a good credit score. Building good credit and searching for a company that doesn’t prioritize your credit history can also help you find affordable coverage.
- Your age: Since auto insurance rates typically decrease as you get older, your age can play a factor in the rates you pay. This means that as you may be able to save on your premium as you age and demonstrate that you’re a reliable driver.
- Your sex: Your sex may impact the cost of your car insurance coverage, since young men under the age of 25 typically have the highest rates compared to other drivers. However, some states, including Massachusetts, Michigan, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Montana don’t allow agencies to consider sex when calculating rates.
- Discounts you qualify for: Depending on your age, profession, and veteran status, you may qualify for coverage discounts. When you’re searching for the right policy, discuss your discount options with your provider.
- Bundles you select: Some insurance agencies allow you to bundle your car insurance coverage with other policies, including boat, pet, and renter’s insurance. Bundles can help you reduce the costs of your insurance policy, so consider reviewing your options with your agent.
- Your location: Where you live can affect the cost of your coverage, since rates tend to be higher for drivers in urban areas compared to rural and suburban locations.
What To Consider When Looking for Subaru Impreza Insurance
Here are some factors to consider when choosing between insurance policies and providers for your Subaru Impreza:
- Customer service: When you’re looking for an insurance provider for your Impreza, it’s important to consider the customer service standards an agency has. This helps you ensure they’re able to provide you with the support you need in the event of an accident or other driving incident.
- State insurance requirements: Insurance requirements vary by state, so it’s essential to review the minimum coverage options for where you live, and find a policy that meets these standards.
- Roadside assistance: Many providers offer roadside assistance for drivers, which can help you feel secure on the road, particularly in the event of an accident or a third-party incident such as weather that damages your property or leads to bodily injury when you’re in your vehicle.
Hopefully, the information we reviewed helps you gain a better understanding of why you want to insure your Subaru Impreza, how much this coverage costs, and what to consider when looking for a policy. For additional resources regarding insurance policies and premiums, consider reviewing the blog section of our site.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.