Choosing the right car insurance provider is a crucial part of owning a vehicle. Getting a USAA car insurance quote is a great start to finding the best coverage and rate for your needs.
Why Get a USAA Car Insurance Quote?
Image via Flickr by free pictures of money
USAA is a reputable insurance provider that services military members and families with competitive quotes. Requesting a USAA car insurance quote gets you a personalized cost based on your driving record and vehicle information. A few great reasons to consider a USAA car insurance quote includes:
Access to car insurance discounts
USAA members can receive discounts that reduce the cost of their insurance premium. Available discounts vary, but may include:
- Student discount: Policyholders who are enrolled in high school or college and have good grades can receive student discounts. Parents with student drivers who earn good grades can also receive discounts on a family policy.
- Clean driving record discount: Drivers with a clean driving record may be eligible for discounts. USAA requires a good driving record for at least five years to qualify for a discount.
- Defensive driving course discount: Drivers who enroll, in and complete, a defensive driving course can also qualify for safe driving discounts.
- Military deployment discount: If you’re deployed, and your vehicle is stored in a garage, you can receive discounts that bring down the cost of your premium.
- Annual mileage discount: Drivers who don’t drive very frequently, or who don’t drive a lot of miles per year, may also qualify for insurance discounts.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If multiple members of a household combine their policies, they may qualify for a multi-vehicle discount.
- Multi-policy discount: If a driver combines their vehicle insurance with homeowners, motorcycle, or boat insurance, they may receive multi-policy discounts.
- Loyal member discount: The longer you’re a USAA member, the more benefits you’ll receive. Parents can pass on these benefits to teens by adding them to the policy when they are old enough to drive.
USAA also has a Safe Pilot Program. This program is only available in some states and includes insurance discounts based on driving habits. Drivers can enroll in the program, log into the app, and then receive up to a 30% discount based on driving habits. The program tracks things like locations driven, the number of miles per trip, braking habits, and if the driver uses hands-free features or not.
Great Customer Service
USAA has exceptional customer ratings when it comes to support and claims processes. Policyholders can access their insurance information or submit a claim 24/7 through the USAA app. After filing a claim, you can also follow up on the status with the app or online. USAA also offers access to other benefits that can be helpful following an accident, like:
- Roadside assistance
- Windshield repair services
- Repair estimates
- A portal for uploading accident photos
Filing a claim is not only easy, it’s also fast when using the app. Policyholders can submit their claim and all required information in as little as 10 minutes.
Competitive Policy Costs
Many drivers will find that their USAA car insurance quote is competitive when compared to other insurance providers. USAA has a straightforward process of calculating costs, which includes:
- The amount of coverage you choose
- Your deductible
- Whether you use your vehicle for business or personal purposes
- The value and replacement cost of your vehicle
- Your driving history
- How often you drive
According to the U.S. News and World Report, USAA has been named the cheapest insurance company for three years. Of course, your USAA car insurance quote will vary, depending on the factors above.
Access to Member Benefits
USAA members also receive access to other benefits, which can make a USAA car insurance quote even more affordable. Just a few member perks that policyholders may qualify for include:
- Travel discounts
- Grocery discounts
- Discounted theme park tickets
- Moving and storage discounts
- Rental car discounts
- Reduced home security prices
- Hotel discounts
- Access to MemberShop
These benefits can be an added bonus. Some discounts can help to offset the cost of an insurance premium.
How to Choose the Best USAA Policy
Choosing the right policy can make it so you receive a USAA car insurance quote that fits your insurance needs and budget. A few things to consider include:
Level of Coverage
Your USAA car insurance quote will vary with the level of coverage being one of the most important factors. Knowing the difference between minimum and full coverage is important to ensure that you have the right amount of protection, while also ensuring that you’re not paying too much by carrying more coverage than you need. Minimum insurance coverage refers to the minimum amount of insurance you’re required to have on your vehicle, based on state law. This coverage varies from state to state, so it’s important to know the laws in your state.
Full coverage refers to a higher level of coverage. Minimum coverage polices may only cover damages that you cause to someone else’s vehicle and not yours. It also doesn’t cover your medical or legal costs. Also, unless you have full coverage, your policy may not cover things like theft or weather-related vehicle damages. People with an auto loan or new vehicle may be required to carry full coverage. Even if it’s not a requirement, it may be best to get a full coverage policy to protect your investment.
While auto loan providers may refer to it as full coverage, it’s important to know that there technically isn’t a policy called full coverage. Instead, a full coverage policy includes liability and comprehensive insurance.
Another thing to consider is your deductible. Many providers, including USAA, allow policyholders to adjust their deducible. In return, this also affects the cost you pay for insurance each month. While it may be tempting to choose the lowest deductible amount possible, this also means that you’ll have to pay a higher deductible if you need to access your insurance benefits when filing a claim.
Ask for a USAA car insurance quote if you’re in the market for car insurance. They have good ratings and an easy claims process. They are also often one of the cheapest providers and even give you the opportunity to earn discounts.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.