MUST HAVE TOOLS In Your Garage
Whether you’re just now getting into auto repair or have been in it for awhile now, we have compiled a list of MUST HAVE tools that are deemed useful in the garage while you’re working on your car. Check ‘em out!
- Ratchet Socket Set
- Having a ratchet and socket set is extremely useful and is considered to be a lifetime investment. You generally want to have a standard and metric ¼”, ⅜”, and ½” set. The link provided to a set above also includes extension bars which gives you the capability of reaching those tight spaces that may out of reach.
- WD-40 which means Water Displacement, 40th Formula, does exactly what it sounds like! Some practical uses on your car could be to repel water from spark plugs, distributors, alternators and a great way to prevent promotion corrosion and keep moisture away!
- Basic Screwdrivers
- Phillips head screwdrivers and flat head screwdrivers are practical tools that are handy in loosening and tightening screws.
- Vice Grips
- Vice grips can act as a wrench, clamp things together to keep them still, and can also act as a tool for holding things that you don’t want to necessarily get your hands near.
- Breaker Bar
- A breaker bar is needed when you need some extra leverage to take off that corroded bolt! There are 3
- Torque Wrench
- Torque wrenches allow you to set a limit to how tight (Newton-metres or foot pounds) specific nuts, bolts, and fasteners.
- Cleaning Cloth
- It’s always useful to have a few rags on the side to wipe down any dirt/soot/etc. that may be on the car.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you found this information useful!