P0507 – Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, & Fixes
What Does P0507 Mean?
The P0507 code is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the idle control system is operating outside of the specified rpm range. Once this is detected, the engine goes into a safe mode triggering the P0507 code.
- Check Engine Light
- Harder to start engine
- Rough engine idle
- Faulty Idle Air Controller (IAC) Valve
- Intake air leak
- Faulty power steering pressure switch
- Faulty electric throttle control actuator
- Carbon buildup on the throttle body
Code P0507 Severity – Low
This trouble code will not prevent your vehicle from driving, the most common results are fluctuations in your vehicle while running idle. However, this can lead to increased problems with your vehicle running overtime.
Code P0507 Common Diagnosis Mistakes
Prematurely replacing the power steering pressure switch before attempting to visually inspect and clean the carbon buildup in the idle air valve and throttle body.
- Tools Needed to Diagnose:
Difficulty of Diagnosis and Repair – (1-4)
- Check to see if there are any other codes along with P0507 and clear your Check Engine Light with FIXD
- Check the freeze frame data in an attempt to pinpoint the issue.
- Conduct a visual inspection of the vacuum line, and any connections to make sure there are no signs of disconnection or outside air leaks.
- Remove carbon buildup from idle air valve and throttle body, ensure opening and closing capability.
- If the aforementioned steps have not been successful, consider replacing the power steering pressure switch.