Are you looking for roadside assistance services for your Caddie? Look no further, because if you own a Cadillac, you very possibly qualify for roadside assistance benefits from Cadillac itself. A venerable car manufacturer dating from 1902, Cadillac continues to provide the best services for its customers today. In this article, we’ll look at the benefits and features of the Cadillac 24-hour roadside assistance service program, as well as the requirements for getting this special benefit at no cost to you.
What Are the Costs of Cadillac Roadside Assistance?
One of the best parts of the Cadillac roadside assistance services program is that Cadillac provides most of these services absolutely free to its customers, as long as the vehicle meets certain qualifications. The emergency roadside assistance service is complimentary for Cadillac vehicles manufactured after 2007 for the term of your five-year/100,000-mile warranty. For models manufactured before 2007, the service is provided for the term of your limited warranty.
If your Cadillac is no longer under warranty, you can still access the roadside assistance service by calling 800-224-1400 or accessing it through your OnStar app via your phone or through your vehicle’s infotainment system. Certain charges will apply. You can also purchase an OnStar or Connected Services plan from Cadillac to get roadside assistance services if your vehicle is no longer under warranty.
What Qualifies Your Car for Cadillac’s Roadside Assistance Service?
If your car meets the following qualifications, you can contact Cadillac next time you’re stranded out in the middle of nowhere with vehicle troubles, and it will be free of charge.
The Vehicle in Need of Service is a Cadillac
Even if you have a Caddie at home, Cadillac won’t service just any vehicle you’re driving. The vehicle must be a Cadillac model. However, many other car manufacturers also offer roadside assistance services, so check into those to see if your non-Cadillac vehicle qualifies for service from a different provider. Also, since service is connected to the vehicle rather than the driver, it doesn’t matter who is driving the vehicle when it breaks down, as long as it’s a Cadillac vehicle.
Your Car Is Newer than Five Years or Has Less than 100,000 Miles
Since complimentary roadside assistance services are a part of your vehicle’s bumper-to-bumper warranty, they end at the same time that your warranty expires. The expiration takes place once your car reaches five years of age or hits 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. So it’s best to take advantage of Cadillac’s complimentary roadside assistance services while your car is still new and low on miles.
However, there is hope for you if your car is past its original warranty. You can still call Cadillac for help if you need it, but the services provided will no longer be free of charge. You’ll be asked to pay the full price out of pocket. So once your car’s warranty expires, it may be time to start considering other roadside assistance services.
What’s Included in Cadillac Roadside Assistance?
When you contact Cadillac for help, you’ll be put in touch with one of their specially trained Advisors, who will diagnose your problem and send someone out to you if it’s needed. Be ready with information such as personal identifiers, location, vehicle information, and the description of the problem. Here are all the roadside assistance services Cadillac offers to its customers all day, every day:
- Emergency tow: In case of a crash, or if a mechanical repair is needed, your car will be towed to the nearest Cadillac dealer to be fixed up. They’ll only provide towing if your car is on a legal roadway, though, and you’ll have to pay for towing to anywhere beyond that closest Cadillac dealer.
- Warranty repairs: If your breakdown is due to a deeper issue, then Cadillac will tow your vehicle and look into it. Warranty repairs are covered by the dealer, but any non-warranty repairs will be charged to you.
- Lock-out service: If you lock yourself out of your vehicle, Cadillac will come and get you back into it. You’ll have to present an ID before they let you in, so be prepared for that. If a key needs to be replaced, Cadillac will charge you for it, however. If you have an OnStar subscription, then Cadillac can even unlock your vehicle for you remotely.
- Battery jumpstart: Got a dead battery? Cadillac will send someone out to jumpstart you and get you going again.
- Fuel delivery: Cadillac will deliver you enough fuel to get you to the next gas station. They’ll cover up to $5 in fuel, but you will be charged for fuel costs after that.
- Flat tire change: The servicer will come out and put your spare on for you, but they do not provide a new tire or patch the old one unless you pay for it.
- Dealer technician roadside services: If you’re within 30 miles of a Cadillac dealership, a qualified Dealer Technician with a full complement of equipment will be sent right to where you are to investigate the issue.
- Courtesy transportation: Cadillac will provide courtesy transportation to your destination if your vehicle is in need of any warranty repairs. They may also reimburse certain transportation expenses that you incur because of these repairs, depending on your situation.
- OnStar remote contact: OnStar comes standard for two years with new cars, but after that, you’ll have to pay for a subscription if you want to keep it. If you do have an active OnStar subscription, all you have to do to contact Cadillac for assistance is press the blue button on your car’s OnStar control panel. OnStar provides you with services like remote control of your car from the OnStar app, an in-vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot, and many vehicle security features. Plus, it connects you immediately with your dealer in case of emergency. If you don’t have an OnStar subscription, it’s still easy enough to get help by calling Cadillac’s roadside assistance number.
In short, if you have a Cadillac that’s still under the original warranty, there’s no reason not to take advantage of the Cadillac roadside assistance service program. You may want to look for other options when those services end, but while your vehicle still qualifies, there’s free, comprehensive, and reliable roadside assistance available. Cadillac’s services are sure to give you peace of mind wherever you go.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.