Experiencing a breakdown or an accident is a foreseeable risk, so having a maintenance agreement that gets your vehicle the help it needs in these situations is important. Keep reading to learn about Mazda roadside assistance.
What Is Mazda Roadside Assistance?
Mazda roadside assistance is a service that can help you move your car to a repair facility or make the necessary on-site repairs to get your vehicle moving. With this service, you can get assistance at any time if your vehicle is stranded. There are several reasons why you may need roadside assistance. For example, you could be locked out, need a jump start, or need repairs.
The key benefits of this service include:
- Gas delivery: Service personnel will deliver gas to your vehicle if you run out.
- Towing: Your vehicle is towed to the nearest Mazda dealership, where it can be assessed for repairs.
- Lockout assistance: If you’re locked out accidentally, you can get the assistance you need to get back in.
- Jump starts: If your battery is dead, you can get a jump start to start your engine and get it running again.
Mazda Roadside Assistance Products
This service is offered through various products from manufacturers and third-party sellers, such as:
- Mazda New-Vehicle Limited warranty: This warranty by Mazda covers the repair and replacement costs of your new Mazda for a limited period. It includes roadside assistance in situations that are covered by the terms and conditions.
- Mazda Limited Powertrain warranty: Your new vehicle’s powertrain is covered by this warranty. Upon purchasing a Mazda, you can access 24/7 roadside assistance under this manufacturer’s warranty.
- Mazda Roadside Assistance program: This is a voluntary protection product offered under the Added Protection plans from Mazda that provides roadside assistance for up to seven years. Under this program, you can enjoy travel planning assistance, road service reimbursement, emergency travel expense reimbursement, and roadside assistance. Features include lockout services and towing. It also has a Mazda roadside assistance app that offers support services such as accessibility to the service personnel, the ability to track the location of service personnel, and the ability to speak to an agent.
- Mazda Certified Powertrain Limited warranty: If you’re a new owner of a certified, pre-owned Mazda, you will get this warranty to cover your vehicle’s powertrain. You’re automatically enrolled in this free service. As it includes roadside assistance, you won’t have to pay for it.
- Extended warranty options: This warranty is offered by Mazda and third-party sellers to cover the period following the end of Mazda’s free warranties. In other words, when your New-Vehicle Limited warranty, Limited Powertrain warranty, or Certified Powertrain Limited warranty ends, you can opt for an extended warranty that includes roadside assistance. Depending on the policy, you can get a variety of services. To extend the roadside assistance service from Mazda, simply call the brand’s roadside assistance department. Reputable third-party providers that can offer this service include Endurance, CARCHEX, Car Shield, and Protect My Car.
Advantages of Getting Mazda Roadside Assistance
Investing in Mazda roadside assistance offers the following benefits:
- It can make you feel more secure. While driving, particularly over long distances, you can enjoy more peace of mind with roadside assistance. This service enables you to receive help when you’re far from home and get to your destination.
- It can protect your vehicle. Upon facing a breakdown, leaving your car on the road for an extended period can cause further losses. For example, you could face weather damage, vandalism, or theft in addition to the damages that led to the need for roadside assistance. Law enforcement may also tow and impound an abandoned vehicle. With this service, you can access the help you need and avoid exposing your vehicle to further damage or expenses.
- It can save you money. Accessing roadside assistance without coverage can be expensive, especially if you’re in a hard-to-access location with no dealerships nearby. With Mazda roadside assistance, you can get the help you need without having to pay extra.
- It can save you time. Experiencing a breakdown, particularly in a rural location or during the night, can result in the driver spending a significant amount of time looking for things like a tow truck, a gas station, or a repair facility. Having a reliable roadside assistance warranty enables you to avoid having to spend time looking for help. It can help you focus on the things that matter, like rescheduling your next appointment or making alternative travel arrangements, while the necessary services to get your vehicle back in working order are provided.
Tips on Using Mazda Roadside Assistance
You can use these tips to use Mazda roadside assistance effectively:
- Find out about your roadside assistance options. Identify the unique features of warranties available for Mazda roadside assistance, identify what best suits you, and select the best option. Make sure to use the free warranties that are provided at the time of purchasing a new or used vehicle for this service.
- Have the relevant details to access this service. Keep a record of all the information you need to call the service personnel when necessary. This includes things like the provider’s contact information and your coverage details.
- Be reachable to service personnel. Keep your phone and travel charger handy as you use your vehicle so you can connect with roadside assistance personnel conveniently.
You have several options for obtaining roadside assistance for your Mazda. By taking the time to research different packages and providers, you can get the best benefit from this service. Prepare to find the Mazda roadside assistance you need!
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.