If you’re searching for a new set of all-season tires for your sedan, SUV, or luxury vehicle, consider the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire. This touring all-season tire can provide enhanced grip and traction on different road surfaces, even when you’re driving in inclement weather. This quick guide offers a Michelin Primacy MXM4 review and provides details about this tire’s features, advantages, and warranties to help you decide whether it’s the right choice for your car.
What Are Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tires?
The Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire is a touring all-season tire designed for passenger vehicles and luxury cars. According to Michelin, it’s also compatible with electric vehicles. This all-season tire, which Michelin has sold for years, offers excellent tread life while maintaining a firm grip on wet or slippery roads. The tire comes with a 55,000-mile warranty and typically lasts for four to five years.
Features of Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tires
The Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire has specific design and technology features to provide precise handling and a comfortable ride. These features include:
Sunflower Oil Additive
Michelin uses a sunflower oil additive in the Primacy MXM4 tread compound. This additive helps the tire provide increased traction, even at lower temperatures. When driving in snow, the tread compound helps the tire stay pliable, which leads to better traction. It also helps the tire offer responsive braking and handling in wet conditions.
The Primacy MXM4 tire comes with Michelin’s MaxTouch Construction. This feature helps the tire maintain evenly distributed contact with the road, which extends the life of the tire. The tire’s biting edges help it maintain a firm grip on the road surface in all types of weather.
Comfort Control Technology
The Primacy MXM4 tire also comes with Michelin’s Comfort Control Technology. This technology helps to reduce vibrations and road noise by allowing the tire to have constant contact with the road surface. It helps the tire provide a smoother, more comfortable ride.
A tire’s speed rating indicates the maximum speed at which it can perform as expected without decreasing its tread life. Michelin offers three speed ratings for its Primacy MXM4 tire, which are:
- H rating: Primacy MXM4 tires with an H speed rating can sustain speeds up to 130 mph. It’s a good choice for drivers who own coupes, sedans, or SUVs.
- V rating: Tires with this rating can maintain maximum sustained speeds up to 149 mph. Sports cars can benefit from Primacy MXM4 tires with this speed rating.
- W rating: This rating allows the Primacy MXM4 tire to sustain speeds up to 168 mph. You may choose a tire with this speed rating if you drive a luxury or exotic vehicle.
Benefits of Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tires
The Michelin Primacy MXM4 is a high-quality tire designed to provide optimal traction in various conditions, including rain and snow. The benefits of this tire include:
- Durability: The Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire evenly distributes acceleration and braking forces. This design helps the tread wear evenly, which enhances the tire’s durability.
- Dry performance: This tire performs optimally on dry pavement, offering responsive handling and quick braking speeds. It rivals high-performance tires when you’re driving your car on the highway.
- Wet performance: You don’t have to worry about driving in heavy rain on Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires. These tires maintain impressive traction on slippery surfaces, even when driving over deep puddles.
- Comfort: The tire’s tread and comfort technology help to minimize vibrations in the cabin, resulting in a quiet and comfortable ride for you and your passengers.
Drawbacks of Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tires
While the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire offers durability and impressive performance, there are drawbacks to choosing this all-season tire. Specifically, some disadvantages of the Primacy MXM4 tire include:
- Extreme weather performance: While the Primacy MXM4 tire can handle moderate wintry conditions, it’s not a winter tire meant for severe snow and ice. If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, you may want to choose winter tires, which offer better traction on snowy or icy roads.
- Off-road driving: Similarly, the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire won’t provide optimal traction for off-road driving. While Primacy MXM4 tires can work for short trips on the trail, you’re better off choosing tires specifically designed for this purpose if you plan to do a lot of off-road driving.
- Cost: The Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire can be more expensive than similar all-season touring tires. Research a few different options to help you determine if the cost of the Primacy MXM4 is worth the advantages it has over other tires.
Do Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tires Come With a Warranty?
Every Michelin tire comes with the brand’s standard limited warranty, which covers any problems related to materials or manufacturing for the life of the original usable tread or for six years from the purchase date, whichever comes first. In addition, the Primacy MXM4 tire comes with a 55,000-mile limited warranty for H- and V-rated sizes and a 45,000-mile limited warranty for W-rated sizes.
In addition to the tire warranties, Michelin offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. This guarantee promises that if you have any problems with your new tires within the first 60 days, you can return them for a new set of equal or lesser value. Michelin also offers three years of roadside assistance with the purchase of new Primacy MXM4 tires, which includes flat tire changes, fluid delivery, lockout service, and battery jump-starts.
Should You Buy Michelin Primacy MXM4 Tires?
The Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire features superb construction and advanced technology, which helps the tire provide maximum traction while ensuring a comfortable ride. It’s ideal for drivers of luxury vehicles because of its quality structure and responsive handling. For drivers of other passenger vehicles, such as sedans or SUVs, it may be worth considering other all-season tires, which offer similar features at more affordable prices. Still, the Primacy MXM4 has many desirable features, making it an excellent all-season tire for many drivers.
If you want a top-rated tire designed to help your vehicle maintain a firm grip on wet or slippery roads, you won’t go wrong with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire. It offers many advantages for drivers, including a long-lasting tread life, reduced noise, and ultimate comfort. With so many benefits, it’s easy to see why many drivers choose to outfit their vehicles with Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.