The first step in buying a new set of tires for your car, truck, or SUV, is often deciding on which manufacturer to trust for your purchase. Different manufacturers have different strengths and weaknesses, which are often consistent across different tires in their range. Uniroyal tires are a popular tire option, particularly for drivers buying on a budget, because of their ability to provide reliable performance at reasonable prices. Let’s go over this brand with a Uniroyal tires review.
What Are Uniroyal Tires?
Uniroyal is an affordable line of tires for cars, trucks, and SUVs. Originally founded in the United States in 1892, the French tire company Michelin purchased Uniroyal in 1990, adding it to its stable. Despite its French ownership, it remains an American manufacturing company, with tires produced in Uniroyal factories in the United States.
What Are Uniroyal’s Key Tire Features?
When shopping for new tires for your vehicle, learning about the different manufacturing options available to you can be beneficial. There are many reasons you may choose to purchase a set of Uniroyal tires. The most common benefits provided by Uniroyal tire purchases include:
- Low-cost options: the price of Uniroyal Tires is likely to be a primary motivating factor for many buyers choosing them for their vehicle. Uniroyal has a reputation for providing excellent tires for well below premium tire prices, which may allow you to save significantly when purchasing a set for your vehicle.
- Comfortable drives: Driving comfort is an important consideration for many car owners, with a smooth ride making your vehicle more enjoyable to drive for yourself as well as any passengers riding with you. Uniroyal tires commonly offer smooth riding capabilities despite their lower price tag, allowing you to benefit from a comfortable ride you may associate with a more expensive tire despite their affordable price tag.
- Diverse options: Uniroyal has a broad tire range available for you to shop through, including options for different types of vehicles and different styles of tire. This allows you to customize your search to find the type of tire which best aligns with your vehicle’s needs to help you find a set that improves your driving experience.
- Expansive warranty: Having a warranty on the treads of your tires can provide significant peace of mind when making a new tire purchase, as it ensures that any manufacturing errors which result in excessive tire deterioration fall under your warranty and enable you to pursue replacement tires. Uniroyal commonly offers tread warranties of 55,000 miles, providing most drivers with many years of protection against erosion damage.
- Traditional reliability: As a Michelin brand, Uniroyal tires benefit from the company’s long history of producing high-quality and reliable automotive tires. This allows you to purchase Uniroyal tires confidently, knowing that they come with the approval and backing of the highly respected Michelin company.
- Durable treads: When Shopping for a new set of tires for your car, truck, or SUV, durability is one of the most important considerations when shopping on a budget. Buying less expensive tires only saves you money in the long term if they still last for a long time, and Uniroyal has a strong track record of producing durable tires to help you get your money’s worth out of each purchase.
- United States manufacturing: If you’re a shopper who values supporting domestic businesses with your purchases, Uniroyal may provide an appealing option for you. Although a subsidiary of a French company, All Tire manufacturing for Uniroyal takes place within the United States, so you’re helping support the local economy and providing jobs for American workers when you purchase Uniroyal tires.
- Excellent dry weather performance: For most people, the majority of their driving occurs in fair weather conditions, with dry roads providing an ideal setting for grip and handling. Uniroyal tires score well when judged on their dry weather performance, meaning they provide you with optimal performance in the settings under which you are most likely to use them.
What Are the Potential Drawbacks of Uniroyal Tires?
While it’s important to understand the benefits provided by a potential new tire purchase, learning about any possible drawbacks may help you achieve a more thorough understanding of your options. Common concerns for drivers with Uniroyal Tires which you may wish to consider when choosing your next tires include:
- Inconsistent poor weather capability: While Uniroyal tires often match or nearly match performance of more expensive options in optimal driving conditions, one area where they tend to struggle is when road conditions deteriorate. Although not providing catastrophic performance levels, many drivers note decreased grip and control when driving on Uniroyal tires in wet or snowy conditions.
- Noisy riding: Peace and quiet can be a valuable amenity when driving in your car, truck, or SUV, particularly when you spend significant portions of your time in your vehicle. Unfortunately, this is one area where Uniroyal tires tend to perform poorly compared to alternative options, with many Uniroyal tires creating more road noise when driving, which may be off-putting for some drivers.
- Average fuel efficiency: Another important consideration for many drivers is the fuel efficiency they get when heading out on the road, particularly at times when gas prices are high and fuel savings translate to even more money staying in your account. While Uniroyal tires do not perform poorly when assessing for fuel efficiency, they also rarely feature elements which improve your vehicle’s fuel efficiency, meaning you may prefer an alternative option if this is a priority in your tire shopping.
Uniroyal Tires Review
While Uniroyal tires are unlikely to catch the attention of car owners who place a premium on purchasing only the highest quality parts for their vehicle, they are a popular option for good reason. When shopping on a limited budget, Uniroyal is one of the best options for providing safe and reliable tires at a fraction of the cost of premier tire options. If you’re shopping for tires under $100 per tire, then Uniroyal might be the solution you’ve been looking for.
At FIXD, our mission is to make car ownership as simple, easy, and affordable as possible. Our research team utilizes the latest automotive data and insights to create tools and resources that help drivers get peace of mind and save money over the life of their car.