Code P0410 Definition
Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
What Does Code P0410 Mean?
Code P0410 is the result of the Engine Control Module (ECM) indicating a malfunctioning Secondary Air Injection System. This happens when the O2 sensor does not accurately detect the changes in the O2 level of the exhaust while the air injection system is functioning.
What Are The Symptoms Of Code P0410?
- Check engine light
- The engine may hesitate upon acceleration
- Noisy air injection pump
*No noticeable adverse conditions in some cases
What Is The Cause Of Code P0410?
- Malfunctioning air pump/air pump relay
- Faulty air pump check valves
- Blocked air injection system
- Blown air injection fuse
How Serious Is Code P0410? – Low
This trouble code will not prevent your vehicle from running. The most common result is increased emission from your vehicle. However, if left unsolved, this code could cause your vehicle to fail emission(s) testing.
Code P0410 Common Diagnosis Mistakes
Prematurely replacing the air injection pump before checking the fuse or relay.
Tools Needed to Diagnose Code P0410
How To Diagnose And Repair Code P0410:
Difficulty of Diagnosis and Repair 2 out of 5
- Check to see if there are any other codes along with P0410 and clear your Check Engine Light with FIXD.
- Check the fuse for the air injection pump. If the fuse is blown, replace the fuse and test drive to see if the concern is resolved. Often times if the fuse is blown, it’s due to a failed air injection pump. If the fuse blows again, try replacing the air injection pump and fuse, but make sure to clean out hoses and replace the one-way check valve.
- If the fuse is not blown, check the air injection pump relay for function. If it fails the test, replace the relay and test drive to see if the concern is resolved.
- If the relay passes the test, try replacing the air pump, but make sure to clean out the hoses and replace the one-way check valve.
Estimated Cost of Repair
For error code P0410, one or more of the below repairs may be needed to solve the underlying issue. For each possible repair, the estimated cost of repair includes the cost of the relevant parts and the cost of labor required to make the repair.
- Fuse $10
- Air Pump $570-$710
- Air Pump Relay $50-$75