What does the low washer fluid light do and why is it on?
The low washer fluid warning light will illuminate when the washer fluid is low. This is simply a light to let you know to top off your washer fluid.
Common reasons for this to happen
- Low washer fluid
- Leaking washer fluid reservoir
- Faulty washer fluid level sensor
Can I drive with the low washer fluid warning light on?
Yes absolutely. If the light just came on you may even have a bit of washer fluid left to clean your windshield.
How do I fix a low washer fluid warning light?
- Add washer fluid
- If it leaks out, you’ll have to repair the leak
- If it holds fluid and the light remains on, you could have a faulty washer fluid level sensor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often does the low washer fluid warning light come on?
- As often as you run out of washer fluid. Some people may never see it if they don’t use their washer fluid system. Whereas, if you use your washer fluid system every day, you may see if as soon as a couple of weeks.
Is it normal for the low washer fluid warning light to come on and turn off?
- It can do this as the car drives if the fluid level is low. If it does this, top off the washer fluid and it will most likely resolve the concern.
My low washer fluid light isn’t on, but my washer system doesn’t work why is this?
- Oftentimes, the washer nozzles will get clogged causing the washer sprayers not to spray. If this happens, most repair facilities can clean out the nozzles.